James H. Hess
Jim loves to work with business owners in helping them make their businesses and lives better. He advises them on tax, financial and management issues that improve their business and personal lives.
Jim’s areas of expertise are: Business and Individual Tax, Succession and Estate Planning, Management Advisory Services, Strategic Planning and Business Transition Planning. Jim also works with individuals on their personal Wealth Management Planning.
He often says, "I get up every day to do what I love to do, for clients I really care about, and I do it with the help of people I enjoy working with. I am a lucky man!"
Jim co-founded the firm with Ed Whitcomb in 1983.
- Certified Public Accountant since 1982
- FINRA- Series 65 license
Professional and Civic Organizations
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ashland University Board of Trustees
- Park Street Brethren Church Leadership Board
- B.S. in Accounting – Ohio Northern University
- Traveling with Margaret Ann
- Spending time with grandchildren
- Leadership Development
- Succession and Estate Planning
- Measuring What Really Matters
- Business and Individual Tax Planning
Jim has been happily married to Margaret Ann (McBurney) since 1980. They have two sons, Timothy, married to Jennifer, and Mark. Jim and Margaret are the proud grandparents of Sophia, Alexander, and Charlotte Ann.